Unity FI Solutions LLC and its affiliates (collectively “Unity FI Solutions”, “we” and “us”) respect your privacy. We offer services that enable platforms and merchants to run businesses, and to safely conduct online payment transactions.
Unity FI Solutions obtains Personal Data about you from various sources to provide our Services and to manage our Sites. “You” may be a visitor to one of our websites, a user of one or more of our Services (“User” or “Unity User”), or a customer of a User (“Customer”). If you are a Customer, Unity will generally not collect your Personal Data directly from you. Your agreement with the relevant Unity User should explain how the Unity User shares your Personal Data with Unity, and if you have questions about this sharing, then you should direct those questions to the Unity User.
Personal Data We Collect
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. The Personal Data that you provide directly to us through our Sites will be apparent from the context in which you provide the data. In particular:
When you fill-in our online form to contact our sales team, we collect your full name, work email, country, and anything else you tell us about your project, needs and timeline.
When you respond to Unity FI Solutions emails or surveys we collect your email address, name and any other information you choose to include in the body of your email or responses. If you contact us by phone, we will collect the phone number you use to call Unity FI Solutions. If you contact us by phone as a Unity User, we may collect additional information in order to verify your identity.
If you are a Unity FI Solutions User, you will provide your contact details, such as name, postal address, telephone number, and email address. As part of your business relationship with us, we may also receive financial and personal information about you, such as your date of birth and government identifiers associated with you and your organization (such as your social security number, tax number, or Employer Identification Number).
If you are a Customer, when you make payments or conduct transactions through a Unity User’s website or application, we will receive your transaction information. Depending on how the Unity User implements our Services, we may receive this information directly from you, or from the Unity User or third parties. The information that we collect will include payment method information (such as credit or debit card number, or bank account information), purchase amount, date of purchase, and payment method. Different payment methods may require the collection of different categories of information. The Unity User will determine the payment methods that it enables you to use, and the payment method information that we collect will depend upon the payment method that you choose to use from the list of available payment methods that are offered to you by the Unity User. When you make a transaction, we may also receive your name, email, billing or shipping address and in some cases your transaction history to authenticate you.
When we conduct fraud monitoring, prevention and detection activities, we may also receive Personal Data about you from our business partners, financial service providers, identity verification services, and publicly available sources (e.g., name, address, phone number, country), as necessary to confirm your identity and prevent fraud. Our fraud monitoring, detection and prevention services may use technology that helps us assess the risk associated with an attempted transaction that is enabled on the Unity User’s website or the application that collects information.
You may also choose to submit information to us via other methods, including: (i) in response to marketing or other communications, (ii) through social media or online forums, (iii) through participation in an offer, program or promotion, (iv) in connection with an actual or potential business relationship with us, or (v) by giving us your business card or contact details at trade shows or other events.
Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the language version of the Sites you are visiting;
Usage data, such as time spent on the Sites, pages visited, links clicked, language preferences, and the pages that led or referred you to our Sites.
We also may collect information about your online activities on websites and connected devices over time and across third-party websites, devices, apps and other online features and services. We use Google Analytics on our Sites to help us analyze Your use of our Sites and diagnose technical issues.
We rely upon a number of legal grounds to ensure that our use of your Personal Data is compliant with applicable law. We use Personal Data to facilitate the business relationships we have with our Users, to comply with our financial regulatory and other legal obligations, and to pursue our legitimate business interests. We also use Personal Data to complete payment transactions and to provide payment-related services to our Users.
We may send you email marketing communications about Unity products and services, invite you to participate in our events or surveys, or otherwise communicate with you for marketing purposes, provided that we do so in accordance with the consent requirements that are imposed by applicable law. When we collect your business contact details through our participation at trade shows or other events, we may use the information to follow-up with you regarding an event, send you information that you have requested on our products and services and, with your permission, include you on our marketing information campaigns.
When you visit our Sites or online services, both we and certain third parties collect information about your online activities over time and across different sites to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests (this type of advertising is called “interest-based advertising”). These third parties may place or recognize a unique cookie or other technology on your browser (including the use of pixel tags). Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent prior to processing of your information for the purpose of interest-based advertising.
You may see our ads on other websites or mobile apps because we participate in advertising networks. Ad networks allow us to target our messaging to users based on a range of factors, including demographic data, users’ inferred interests and browsing context (for example, the time and date of your visit to our Sites, the pages that you viewed, and the links that you clicked on). This technology also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts and understand if you have seen one of our advertisements.
How We Disclose Personal Data.
Unity does not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We share your Personal Data with trusted entities, as outlined below.
- Unity. We share Personal Data with other Unity entities in order to provide our Services and for internal administration purposes.
- Service providers. We share Personal Data with a limited number of our service providers. We have service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as identity verification services, website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, and auditing services. These service providers may need to access Personal Data to perform their services. We authorize such service providers to use or disclose the Personal Data only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We require such service providers to contractually commit to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Data they process on our behalf. Our service providers are predominantly located in the European Union and the United States of America.
- Business partners. We share Personal Data with third party business partners when this is necessary to provide our Services to our Users. Examples of third parties to whom we may disclose Personal Data for this purpose are banks and payment method providers (such as credit card networks) when we provide payment processing services, and the professional services firms that we partner with.
- Corporate transactions. In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, we may share Personal Data with third parties for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction.
- Compliance and harm prevention. We share Personal Data as we believe necessary: (i) to comply with applicable law, or payment method rules; (ii) to enforce our contractual rights; (iii) to protect the rights, privacy, safety and property of Unity, you or others; and (iv) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence.
Your Rights and Choices.
You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Data:
- Opting out of receiving electronic communications from us. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required to provide you with our Services.
- How you can see or change your account Personal Data. If You would like to review, correct, or update Personal Data that You have previously disclosed to us, you may do so by signing in to your Unity account or by contacting us.
- Your data protection rights. Depending on your location and subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights with regard to the Personal Data we control about you:
The right to request confirmation of whether Unity processes Personal Data relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that Personal Data;
The right to request that Unity rectifies or updates your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated;
The right to request that Unity erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances provided by law;
The right to request that Unity restrict the use of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as while Unity considers another request that you have submitted (including a request that Unity make an update to your Personal Data); and
The right to request that we export to another company, where technically feasible, your Personal Data that we hold in order to provide Services to you.
Where the processing of your Personal Data is based on your previously given consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data on grounds relating to your particular situation.
For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before responding to your request, such as verifying that the email address from which you send the request matches your email address that we have on file. If we no longer need to process Personal Data about you in order to provide our Services or our Sites, we will not maintain, acquire or process additional information in order to identify you for the purpose of responding to your request.
If you are a Customer of a Unity User, please direct your requests directly to the User. For example, if you are making, or have made, a purchase from a merchant using Unity as a payment processor, and you have a request that is related to the payment information that you provided as part of the purchase transaction, then you should address your request directly to the merchant.
Security and Retention.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk associated with the processing of Personal Data. We maintain organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Data within our organization against unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration or misuse. Your Personal Data is only accessible to a limited number of personnel who need access to the information to perform their duties. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please contact us immediately.
If you are a Unity User, we retain your Personal Data as long as we are providing the Services to you. We retain Personal Data after we cease providing Services to you, even if you close your Unity account, to the extent necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, and for the purpose of fraud monitoring, detection and prevention. We also retain Personal Data to comply with our tax, accounting, and financial reporting obligations, where we are required to retain the data by our contractual commitments to our financial partners, and where data retention is mandated by the payment methods that we support. Where we retain data, we do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by applicable law.
Use by Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that they not provide Personal Data through the Services.